March 1, 2012
For immediate release
Community Outreach Coordinator
First Credit Union Offers FREE Income Tax
Chandler, AZ –First Credit Union is sponsoring two Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites again this tax season. VITA, an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) program, offers free tax help to low to moderate income families and individuals who need help preparing their tax returns. IRS-trained and certified volunteers will be staffing the two First Credit Union VITA sites.
Following are the locations and hours of operation for each First Credit Union sponsored VITA site. Please note schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
- First Credit Union Chandler Corporate Plaza Branch located at 25 S. Arizona Place, Chandler, AZ 85225
- January 30, 2012 through April 11, 2012
- Mondays 5pm-8pm
- Wednesdays 10am-3pm
- First Credit Union Devonshire Branch located at 803 E. Devonshire, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- February 7, 2012 through April 10, 2012
- Tuesdays 9am to 3pm
- Schedule to change without prior notice.
Persons seeking tax assistance should bring the following documents with them to the VITA tax preparation site:
- Proof of identification (required)
- Social Security cards, including those of all dependents (required)
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers (required)
- Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions, 1099 Forms (required)
- Copies of last year’s Federal and State tax returns (helpful, but not required)
About First Credit Union
Offering Arizonans better banking since 1929, First Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with $400 million in assets and over 40,000 members. First Credit Union is a full-service financial institution offering a variety of deposit and loan products. Convenient services include free online, mobile & text banking, free online & mobile bill pay, account access at 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs through the CO-OP ATM network, and 6,700 branch locations nationwide through CU Service Centers® credit union shared branch network. For more information please visit