First Credit Union wants to help you become a homeowner. Whether you have owned a home previously, currently own a home or are brand new to the mortgage process, we make owning your own home a reality. A First Credit Union First Mortgage offers a variety of terms with fixed and adjustable rates. Choose us for your home mortgage or refinance. We offer:
- First time home buyer loans
- Pre-qualification and credit analysis
- 15 and 30 year terms
- Fewer fees
Helpful Homebuying Checklists
Educate yourself before you begin looking for your dream home. Download any of these helpful checklists to help you prepare for buying a home:
- Financial Records Checklist will help you pull together the information you’re going to need when you meet with a lender.
- Home Priorities Checklist will help you identify the features you want in a home. Give your completed checklist to your realtor so they have the information they need to find the perfect home for you.
- House Evaluation Checklist can be used as you tour each home to keep track of features you like, as well as problems such as cracks, stains, and other issues.
Home Buying Coach
Knowing how the home buying process works is a huge advantage for a first time homebuyer. First Credit Union can help guide even experienced homebuyers through the process. Take a look at our AnyTime Adviser Home Buying Coach video.
Home Loan Guide
Download the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Shopping for Your Home Loan 48-page PDF. It will help you become familiar with the various stages of the home-buying process, including deciding whether you are ready to buy a home, and providing factors to consider in determining how much you can afford to spend.